Our new Understanding Birth online class is ideal for those expectant parents who can’t attend an on-site childbirth class due to work schedules, time constraints, or medical conditions.
The eight-chapter program is an interactive, web-based class that uses videos, personal birth stories, animations, activities, and games to teach all the essential information parents need to know to prepare for their birth. Your pace, your place!
Your eClass registration includes:
- Online access for six weeks beginning with first log-on
- An on-site labor rehearsal class
- A tour of the Family Birth Center at Salem Hospital
Our eClass will help you:
- Understand pregnancy – What’s happening to your body, discomforts, warning signs, nutrition, and exercise
- Learn about labor – preparing for birth, pre-labor signs, onset of labor, and 3D animation of labor process
- See how the stages of labor unfold – watch amazing real-life birth stories.
- Discover helpful comfort techniques – breathing, relaxation, massage, visualization, focal points, hydrotherapy, labor and pushing positions, and advice for partners
Call 503-814-2432 or visit salemhealth.org/chec/ to register today!
Connect. Inform. Empower.
Community Health Education Center (CHEC) at Salem Hospital compliments the health education you are receiving from your healthcare providers. Your providers should always be your primary resource for health education. Information at CHEC should not be construed as personal medical advice.