97 percent of all parents mistakenly believe they use car seats properly. Car seat safety events help parents determine that 85 percent of the seats checked need correction!
Child passenger safety technicians and trained volunteers will check your child’s car seat for:
- Correct installation
- Recalls and damage
- Best fit for weight, height, and age
- Saturday, February 22, 2014 – Keizer Fire District
- Saturday, April 26, 2014 – Salem Hospital
- Saturday, June 28, 2014 – Salem Hospital
- Saturday, August 23, 2014 – Salem Hospital
- Saturday, September 27, 2014 – Salem Hospital
- Saturday, October 25, 2014 – Salem Hospital
- 11:00 am – 12:30 pm — Car Seat Assistance Program reservations.
- 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm — Drop in for first come, first served.
- Salem Hospital — Visitor Parking garage on the corner of Mission St SE and Capitol St SE, Salem.
- Keizer Fire District — 661 Chemawa Rd NE, Keizer.
Car Seat Assistance Program:
Call 503-814-CHEC (2432) for information.
If you need assistance to purchase a car seat, we may be able to help. You will need to provide income eligibility (OHP, WIC, OTC) and bring $30 cash co-pay to Salem Hospital Community Health Education Center (CHEC) for a new seat. You will then be given a voucher to bring to the next car seat clinic to obtain the seat.
This service is a partnership with Salem Hospital, West Valley hospital, Safe Kids Willamette Valley Coalition, Keizer Fire District, Oregon IMPACT, Oregon dept. of Transportation, West Salem Kiwanis.