We are looking for talented and compassionate individuals to join our amazing team. If you enjoy making a difference for children receiving medical care, we want you! If you are unable to view PDF files in your browser, install Adobe Reader.
There are no new job opportunities at this time.
Telephone Triage Nurse
Type: Full-time, Part-time
Description: We are looking for a compassionate listener and eager problem solver to join our Pediatric Phone Advice Nurse team. This position will identify the nature and urgency of patient healthcare needs and determine the appropriate action. The qualified candidate must be a current RN or above, and have a current, unencumbered license to practice nursing as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oregon. Candidates should also have familiarity with and the ability to use Barton Schmitt and Clinic protocols. Previous experience in a Pediatric medical office is preferred and training is provided for qualified new graduates. Pay rate is dependent upon experience. Candidates must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Talks directly to patients/caregivers on the telephone and performs short evaluation of the patient situation to estimate severity of illness and/or injury and then directs them to their physician during office hours or the emergency room.
- Determines urgency of seeing the patient based on brief assessment and on familiarity with a patient’s condition and history. Confers with physician as needed.
- Provides appropriate home health advice to those patients who do not need immediate care.
- Schedules appointment with physician as needed.
- Places outbound follow-up calls as needed.
- Attend monthly and other staff and department meetings.
- Work weekend or night clinic hours as needed.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Benefits: Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
Submission: Submit your resume, certification, and completed Application for Employment by email to Maria Yepez.
Questions: Call Maria at 503-485-3615 for more information.